Three media law experts will engage in an online panel discussion about recent legal developments…
Register now for the Global Updates in Data and Privacy webinar.
Thursday 31 March at 6:30pm.
Hosted by Bird & Bird.
Free for CAMLA members. $25 for non-CAMLA members.
Register today at: www.camla.org.au/seminars
Data and privacy regulation are in the midst of significant change affecting media and technology companies around the world. The pace of change is unlikely to ease as AI and other technologies develop.
This webinar will consider some of the key developments in Australia and will consider what else may be in store, through the lens of what is happening elsewhere in the world.
Topics will include:
- the Privacy Legislation Amendment (Enhancing Online Privacy and Other Measures) Bill 2021;
- the Attorney-General’s Department Privacy Act Review Discussion Paper;
- developments in relation to defamation, including the Social Media (Anti-Trolling) Bill 2021;
- recent and proposed amendments to the Security of Critical Infrastructure Act 2018 (Cth) including the Security Legislation Amendment (Critical Infrastructure Protection) Bill 2022;
- the proposal for an EU Data Act; and
- a global AdTech update.
Our expert panel – Bird & Bird
- Francine Cunningham – Regulatory & Public Affairs Director
- Alex Dixie – Partner, London –Head of AdTech Practice
- Sophie Dawson, Partner
- Julie Cheeseman, Partner
- Joel Parsons, Senior Associate
- James Hoy, Senior Associate
- Emma Croft, Associate