- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT: Defamation Reform seminar
March 28 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
With the release of the Review of Model Defamation Provisions Discussion Paper by the Attorneys-General Defamation Working Party, a panel of defamation experts will lead a discussion of their priorities for change and how defamation reform across Australia’s States and Territories might occur.
· Gail Hambly, General Counsel of Fairfax for 20 years, prominent member of
Australia’s Right to Know Coalition and Chair of the publishers’ joint venture Copyco
· Her Honour Judge Judith Gibson, District Court of New South Wales
· Professor David Rolph, professor at the University of Sydney Law School,
specialising in media law with a particular research and publication focus on defamation.
· Larina Alick, editorial counsel at Nine
· Matthew Lewis, specialist defamation counsel at Five Wentworth Chambers
Moderated by Kevin Lynch, Partner, Johnson Winter & Slattery
Where: Johnson Winter & Slattery, Level 25, 20 Bond Street Sydney
When: Thursday, 28 March 2019
Time: 6.00pm following by drinks and canapés
PLEASE NOTE: CAMLA members need to log into the CAMLA website to be able to purchase discounted Member tickets.