CAMLA together with Johnson Winter Slattery invite you to join a panel of inspiring professionals who will discuss how they have combined their love of writing with their professional pursuits and have become successful authors.
Grant McAvaney, Head of Litigation at News Corp, will chair a panel comprising:
- Richard Beasley SC, Barrister at Nine Wentworth, author of bestselling novels including Hell Has Harbour Views, Cyanide Games and The Burden of Lies
- Jacqueline Maley, SMH/Age Columnist and Senior Writer, author of The Truth About Her
- Eve Thomson, Partner and Defamation Lawyer at Johnson Winter Slattery, author of She Too.
Join our panellists as they discuss:
- how their work inspires their writing and their writing inspires their work
- the role of fiction in influencing the public’s perception of a profession
- where does a defamation lawyer writing fiction about defamation go to get her book legalled?
- balancing creative pursuits with professional life.
5:30PM for a 6:00PM start, followed by drinks
THURSDAY 22 JUNE 2023
QQT – LEVEL 14, 50 BRIDGE STREET
SYDNEY NSW 2000
**THIS EVENT INVITATION IS EXCLUSIVE FOR CAMLA MEMBERS ONLY – CHECK YOUR INBOX FOR RSVP DETAILS**
If you are a CAMLA member and have not received an email about this event, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, contact email@example.com.