HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY! For the third year running, CAMLA is pleased to be publishing…
USA edition of the Communcations Law Bulletin – out to members now!
CAMLA members! Your special USA edition of the Communications Law Bulletin has landed in your in-box!
IN THIS SPECIAL ISSUE
edited by Ashleigh Fehrenbach and Eli Fisher:
Regulating the Technology Giants – Trends in the United States and Implications for Australia
– Dr Martyn Taylor (Partner), Dietrich Marquardt (Senior Associate) and Maxine Richard (Lawyer), Norton Rose Fulbright
The Use of Juries in Defamation Proceedings in America and Australia
– Nathan Buck (Special Counsel) and Jeremy Marel (Senior Associate), Kennedys.
Fearless Girl Keeps Standing in Australia
– Zeina Milicevic (Partner) Jaimie Wolbers (Senior Associate) and Humyara Mahbub (Lawyer), MinterEllison
Interview: Mary Huang
– Belyndy Rowe, Senior Associate at Bird & Bird and CAMLA Young Lawyer Secretary, sits down with Mary Huang, Principal Corporate Counsel at Microsoft. Currently based in Seattle, Mary is a product counsel for Microsoft Azure’s global expansion engineering team.
Johnny Depp v Amber Heard
– Sylvia Alcarraz (Managing Associate) and Kathryn Murray (Solicitor), Dentons
Songbird or Magpie? What Stone v Carey Says About the Rising Wave of Copyright Claims in the Music Industry
– Laksha Prasad (Lawyer) and Emma Johnsen (Senior Associate), Marque Lawyers
Interview: Julian Keyzer
– Australian lawyer Julian Keyzer is a Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs at Fox Entertainment, now based in New York City, after 10 years of living in Los Angeles. Marlia Saunders, Partner (Media) at Thomson Geer, who worked with Julian at Blake Dawson (now Ashurst) until he moved stateside in 2009, spoke with him on Zoom about his new role and his experiences working in the entertainment industry in the U.S.
A Battle of the Books: Penguin Random House and Simon & Schuster Litigation
– Jennifer Dean (Partner) and Benjamin O’Mara (Associate), Johnson, Winter & Slattery
Profile: Tom Griffin
– CAMLA Young Lawyer Anna Kretowicz recently interviewed Tom Griffin, Associate General Counsel at Meta, to discuss working in-house at the company that arguably defines the zeitgeist of the 21st century. Anna Kretowicz is a Judge’s Associate and is reading for the Bachelor of Civil Law at Oxford University in 2022-23
The Future of NYT v Sullivan and the Enforceability of Australian Defamation Judgments Against US Publishers
– Dan Lunniss (Lawyer), McCullough Robertson
In a World of Unlimited Imagination… How to Protect Your IP Rights in the Metaverse
– Richard Hoad (Partner), Jones Day and Emina Besirevic (Lawyer), Clayton Utz