The downloads page contains downloadable content from past seminars and events and CAMLA meetings.
Please browse through the available downloads and click on the appropriate links to download content.
Downloads from CAMLA
‘Update your privacy settings’ presentation by Australian Privacy Commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim 7th March 2013
Update your privacy settings
Privacy Law Reform 2014
Presentation by Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim to CAMLA, Henry Davis York Level 10, 44 Martin Place, Sydney
2012 – 2013 ESSAY COMPETITION
1st prize: $1,000 and a 1 year CAMLA membership
Entrants are encouraged to submit 1000 to 3000 words on their chosen topic. Suggested areas which entrants may wish to explore are:
- National security reform and data retention proposals.
- Telecommunications operators as content providers.
- Intermediary liability as a means to regulate online activity.
- Data breach and public expectations of privacy.
- Media regulation in the digital age – is the different treatment of traditional media as compared to new media justified?
ENTRIES ARE DUE WEDNESDAY 23 JANUARY 2013 TO:
CAMLA ESSAY COMPETITION PO Box 237 KINGSFORD NSW 2032
SPECIAL EVENT FOR YOUNG LAWYERS
You are invited to CAMLA’s key networking opportunity for young lawyers and those new to the media and communications industries.
Our speakers all long term CAMLA participants will tell you about their career paths, and professional highlights and discuss a major matter in which they were involved in 2012:
• Page Henty, General Counsel (Network Ten)
• Lynette Ireland, Chief General Counsel (Foxtel)
• Debra Richards, Chief Executive Officer (Ausfilm)
• Toby Ryston-Pratt, Deputy Chief Legal Counsel (NBN Co)
Law firms and media companies are encouraged to send younger colleagues to what promises to be a fun and inspiring evening.
Wednesday 30th January 2013
6:00pm for 6.30pm start, followed by drinks
225 George Street, Sydney
The winner of CAMLA Essay competition will also be announced on the night.
Essay competition details are on this website or please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP: By Wednesday 23 January to email@example.com or 02) 9399 5595
Numbers will be limited.